web (plural webs)
- The silken structure a spider builds using silk secreted from the spinnerets at the caudal tip of its abdomen; a spiderweb
- The sunlight glistened in the dew on the web.
- Any interconnected set of persons, places, or things, which when diagrammed resembles a spider"s web.
- By extension, abbreviation for World Wide Web.
- Let me search the web for that.
- (baseball)The part of a baseball mitt between the forefinger and thumb, the webbing
- He caught the ball in the web.
- A latticed or woven structure
- The gazebo"s roof was a web made of thin strips of wood.
- The interconnection between flanges in structural members, increasing the effective lever arm and so the load capacity of the member
- A fold of tissue connecting the toes of certain birds
- A duck paddles with its webbed feet.
- In manufacturing, a web is a continuous strip of material carried by rollers during processing. The use of web in lithography is related, referring to the long sheet of paper which moves through a printing press fed from a roll rather than individual sheets.
3 letters in word "web": B E W.
No anagrams for web found in this word list.
Words found within web: